Power shower

We got an extension built just over a year ago and it included an ensuite with an Aqualisa Quartz pumped shower. The cold pressure in the ensuite taps has always been poor. I have only just discovered the main stopcock has been left 3/4 closed, I presume by the plumber when he was plumbing the ensuite, and when you open it fully the pressure in the ensuite taps is OK. I wonder if this was a quick way of equalising the pressure in the cold and hot feeds for the shower and is there a proper way of achieving the same thing (i.e. some kind of pressure reduction device)?

Reply to
Philip Sim

If it's a power shower, the cold should be pumped and taken from the cold water storage cistern, so it shouldn't matter about the main stopcock.

Sounds like your cold feed is coming straight from the mains and not a cistern. Maybe it isn't even pumped...

Reply to
Paul Andrews

There's no doubt about the pump - have you heard the noise those things make? But it does seem the ensuite cold supply is straight off the mains. I wonder what the pros and cons of that are?

Reply to
Philip Sim

If the cold feed for the shower was being pumped from a tank (as it should be) it would make little difference what setting the main stopcock was on, since you're just taking water from a tank. If it's pumping directly from the mains supply, you can only feed the water as fast as the mains pipe is able to supply it to you.

Our pump is noisy too.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews