Number of downlighters?

I want to replace a 100w ceiling bulb in an ensuite with 50w downlighters. Should 3 downlighters give about the same amount of light, or are they very inefficient? Is there a rule of thumb method for calculating how many would normally be used for a given floor area - in this case, 3sq metres? Grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Reply to
Don Arnold

They are _very_ inefficient. It's not the lamps themselves, but that you are largely lighting the room by bouncing light off the floor. I would strongly suggest you rethink your lighting design. There's also the issue that you'll be punching holes in the ceiling, which can let moisture and fire through.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel