Leaking power shower

Hi all, the electric shower seems to have developed a slight leak - there is a small, thin stream of water flowing down the copper pipe leading into the bottom of the shower and down the (tiled) wall.

I`m not great at DIY, but am happy to try. Any ideas what the most likely issue here will be, and how easy it would be to fix? Obviously to open the shower up I`d have to turn the water off, and the mains, and turn a tap on to take the pressure off from the shower, so the water doesn`t squit out anyway?

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

The leak could be at a joint which will either be a compression fitting (which can be tightened with spanners) or a soldered joint (which will need a blowtorch, flux and solder to fix, or a new solder joint). You will need to open the shower to locate the point at which water is leaking to work out what the fix is. Dry the suspected area with a dry cloth to reveal the site of the leak.

For solder joints:

Phil Anthropist