jet washer

I have a std champion jet washer which works fine, except for the spray lance which dosn't work properly anymore, it sprays all over with no direct power are these lances unique per manufacturer or can you buy replacements instead of buying a full new unit.

chris

Reply to
chris

I would imagine that the lance is fitted to the washer by a fitting which is either fairly common to these things (BSP thread?), and as such should be able to be replaced either directly or with an adaptor.

But are you sure it needs replacing? it sounds to me like it's partially blocked. Can the nozzle be dismantled? Do you know anyone with an airline who would be able to blow it back through?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Some are two part lances, one part fitted to the trigger (an integral part of it) with a bayonet fitting to attach the lance or another accessory. If it is of this type, B&Q sell a replacement lance kit which includes several adaptors.

If not a two part lance, as Steve says its prolly a BSP thread.

I'd say thats much more likely. Many DIY machines have adjustable fan nozzles where two metal or plastic 'fingers' squeeze the jet into a fan. These are notoriously unreliable & susceptible to muck.

Also common is that the nozzle can be pulled forwards to lower the pressure & suck in detergent, are you sure the lance isn't in this position?

Try Steves airline suggestion first.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

yes i have taken it apart cleaned,checked the nozzle, i just can't figure it out, but the other direct lance works fine,

Reply to
chris

To work properly a jet-washer needs back pressure - take the jet off and see how much water comes out with the pump running and notice the different sound.

It looks as though the flow is too great to get the spray?

Reply to
Woody