Is there such a plumbing fitting?

Solder and compression Tee fittings are obviously available. I was wondering if a there is a fitting which allows connections in the x,y and z axes. It would be a right angle connector with a further connection at right angles to the plane of the connector.

Reply to
PJ

Only one I ever saw had been made as an exercise by an old plumber. The guy had a fetish about neat pipework. He even used mandrels to enlarge the ends of pipes to make end-feed joints in the actual pipe as he didn't like the standard fittings.

If an xyz fitting was available it would be prohibitively expensive, like those little bridges you can get to hop one pipe over another crossing at 90 degrees.

I did have a use for such a fitting installing my CH last year. Two of them in fact. :((

Reply to
EricP

Thanks Eric, I am glad that I am not the only potential user. I had to use a Tee and a right angle bend instead. PJ

Reply to
PJ

Oh yes. Mine looks a right mess. Two vertical 15mm pipes each with two horizontals at 90 degrees off them next door to each other. (Flow and return for two rads)

Reply to
EricP

They're known as corner tees.

Fumancho

Reply to
Fumancho

Not all that expensive, I found this non compression 15mm one on the following site at £18.87 each ;-)

Harry Stottle

Thanks Harry and Fumancho for your knowledge and help. I had searched=20 the Screwfix site and looked in the DIY sheds without success. PJ

Reply to
PJ

What's wrong with £3 each - except that they come in packs of ten!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

It looks to me more like £300 per pack of ten.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

A cigar to that man for finding one. :))

But at that price I will have to put up with the twisted abortion now in place. :))

Reply to
EricP

Thanks Harry and Fumancho for your knowledge and help. I had searched the Screwfix site and looked in the DIY sheds without success. PJ

If you're into soldering I would have thought you could make one.

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

Brazing would be a lot better. Make a cardboard tube by rolling paper on a section of copper tubing. Place that at right angles on a standard elbow joint. Trim the cardboard to produce a snug fit. Put the cardboard tube back on the copper tube and transfer the profile. Cut and file to length and profile. Expand out the "other end", ready to form a future joint. Drill a hole in the elbow joint. Clean, degrease, assemble, braze. remove any traces of flux..

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

I fully agree. I suppose I expected those with equipment to braze with a rarity.

I wonder whether those who might like to try brazing know that Rothenburger make a handy torch for les than £30 (I think) which, if used with MAPP gas @ about £12 a cylinder will braze most small objects. (no, I'm not spamming).

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Yorkshire Fittings do one, see here...