How do i change belt on T/D Hotpoint TDL54N

I have took this thing a apart and cant see any tensioner pulley wheels on it so i`m lost now. All the replys mension pulley tension wheels and i cant see any? my belt size is 1860mm which when i put on seems way to big - help please cos its really frustrating as i know belt replacement is fairly sraight forward - I think!!

Reply to
andrew_lane_1965

They are called jockey wheels and live in the bottom next to the motor. A little rod with a small black wheel on top on a spring.

Reply to
EricP

Ive just had a look and cant see anything but the motor on its own sat bottom, towards the centre back of the unit. definatly no jockey wheel close to it or on it?? Its just a basic motor with a rod through the center, one end for the metal fins and the other ribbed (presumably for the ribbed belt to fit onto). Is there any way this thing dosnt have a jockey wheel but and alternative way of pulling the belt tight?

Reply to
andrew_lane_1965

The cheap &^%^s must have changed the design after I left.

The belt tightens when you put the front back on and re-engage the door surround in the drum front. But without at least one jockey wheel, I can't see how tension is supplied. Sorry.

Reply to
EricP

Ok EricP thanks for your help - i`m at a loss now cos if this belt did go around the front of the drum as alot of people are mentioning in the posts then some hoe the belt has to make its way to the back to align onto the motor. Hmm! looks like i`ll have to get a guy out and pay the price (ouch)! cheers mate

Reply to
andrew_lane_1965

They did away with tensioners ages ago, the new belt is a stretch belt, check the belt markings against your replacement you must have the wrong one.

Reply to
powerstation