Dishwasher

Boxing Day - houseful of visitors - dishwasher washing dishes happily when there was a sudden loud 'pop' accompanied by the smell of burning (like you get if the motor goes on vacuum cleaner) causing the switch that fed the sockets to trip out.

When switch was turned back on at the mains, dishwasher was as dead as a doornail. Did obvious things like changing fuse etc, but still no sign of life. Dishwasher is an intregal Whirlpool ADG722, installed when kitchen was refitted about 5 years ago. Anyone any ideas on what might have happened? is it likely to be repairable or am I looking at replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lyn

Reply to
LJE

I would look for a blown capacitor, near where the mains lead goes in, whatever it was is probably obvious on inspection, other likely suspect would be the heater coil inside.

mrcheerful (fixed my dishwasher xmas morning!)

Reply to
mrcheerful