Contiboard - cutting?

Evening all

I am considering building a set of shelves within a cupboard using Contiboard (melamine coated chipboard?)

Just wondering if anyone has experience of cutting the same and whether the veneer tends to chip.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

TIA

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Alan,

Just score the veneer with a sharp stanley knife along the lines that you wish to cut (both sides of the board) and the use a fine-toothed panel saw at a fairly 'flat' angle - oh, and support the end that is being cut off to prevent it falling - I have used this method for donkey's years with good effect.

Just sit back now and read the many differing ways of doing this that others use.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Good advice from Brian. I find it helps to use masking tape over the side where the chipping occurs.

If you have a circular saw then make up one of these

Gives a perfectly straight cut & minimum chipping.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

=============================== A *small* pull saw will give an almost perfect cut without any prior preparation:

Cic.