Conservatory Ventilation Problem

I have problem with my conservatory. In winter, due to a lack of ventilation I fear, the place becomes very damp and a bit moldy. The only thing that seems to help is to open windows which of course means that the place is like an ice-box. Someone said that the people who built it (the previous owner) should have inserted "breathable bricks". Can anyone advise on this or an alternative solution?

The place is like an oven in summer too!

Reply to
louisxiv

The dwarf walls should have air bricks at various points around the perimeter. By their very nature they do get very hot in summer (like being sat in a green house).

Reply to
diy-newby

A de-humidifier would be worth trying.

mark