Building advice (careers)

Slightly off topic so apologies but I know that there are many skilled builders that use this site and I don't know where else to ask.

My son is 19 and wants to work in the construction industry. Ideally he would like to learn a skill, bricklaying, plastering, scaffolding etc. Where do we start looking? The local job centre is a joke and my enquires have sent me to various sites that just seem to want you to have a correspondence course costing mega bucks.

Any advice you could offer will be very gratefully appreciated. We live in south east Wales.

Reply to
nobody760

Have you tried CITB? A good pace to start, at least...

Also, your local FE college probably runs day-release or equivalent courses. The staff should have knowledge of local employers who hire and train new entrants, and offer day-release.

Reply to
Martin