best time of the year / weather to apply outdoor wood preserver?

Hi, I have two wooden troughs I want to apply preserver to before lining them and filling with soil.

Can I do this on any dry day when the wood is reasonably dry or should I wait until spring or early summer when the wood (about 1 inch thick) is thoroughly dry?

The dimensions of the troughs are 150cm x 50cm x 40 cm.

I'll be using Cuprinol Ultimate (I think) preserver. Ideally, I'd like to get this done now.

Thanks a lot,

Craven

Reply to
Craven

Ideally they should be bone dry and so will soak up loads of the preservative. So sometime in September having been outside all summer.

The best you can do now is to bring them inside to a heated location for as many weeks as you can stand to dry them out then put the jollop on.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin