Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fitted Wardrope doors advice wanted
Hi, My house has a couple of bedrooms with built-in alcoves and I intend to fit a fitted wardrobe into each one. The problem is that all wardrobe doors I looked at (from BeanQueue) required a width of...

Metal grating door mat - help finding one
Not sure how to describe this. I want to create a walkway from backdoor to garage side door, about 18' and have in mind to buy a few metal grated mats(?) similar to those that used to be in...
9
9

Your Help Needed Please ?
I asked this in but got no reply so know what a great bunch of people frequent this group, I beg your help. Hi Everyone, A friend of has had her batteries and charger stolen from her shed for her...
8
8

Grafifti on my house
How do I get rid of graffiti from a dry rough cast finish? Blair
17
17

Radiator Replacement
Hi All, If I replace a radiator with one of the same size will it be *exactly* the same as the old one, i.e. brackets, valve positions etc? I can't remember the make of the old ones but pretty...
4
4

Immersion heater thread size?
Does anyone know the standard thread size for domestic immersion heaters in the UK. I guess it is probably a bsp thread but I don't know what size. Thanks
4
4

Plumbing Problem
Ok, just had a plumber round to fix the cold water tap in my bathroom that had no water coming out of. After he left and I tried the tap and I can hear a very loud clunking noise and have to turn the...
4
4

Gas Combi-Condensing Boilers
Hi, can anybody answer a few questions on this type of equipment, What is the average price to pay for a complete heating system installed in a 3bedroom detatched house. (Ave size, 1 bathroom), both...
2
2

Drill chuck to fit an electric screwdriver
I am sure one can get a drill chuck to go into the hex socket on a standard electric screwdriver. However, I can't find one. Anyone know where I can get one? Someone asked the same question...
10
10

Digital radio
I am trying to locate a news group dealing with digital radio. Can anyone help please? Blair
2
2

What size screws to hold a loo down?
Hi, I'm off tomorrow to refix an elderly relative's loo to the floor. It sounds like mild steel screws were used and they have rusted out. Any idea what size a typical loo needs? It would be...
4
4

Prehistoric Lavatory to Modern Bathroom : Questions re. Fitting Electric Shower?
Hi all at uk.diy.home My bathroom is currently just unplasterboarded 3x2s and a forlorn looking lavatory as I am in the process of fitting all the associated bits behind the walls and moving a doorway...

Any Plumbers out there ?
My boiler has been banging and overheating for about a year on and off. It over heats and cuts out, then it ok for several days. Today nothing is working. OK the boiler fires up but overheats and cuts...
13
13

Does a petrol flymo use less fuel than a "regular" lawnmower?
Would a petrol flymo lawnmower use less petrol than a push or self- propelled petrol lawnmower? I'm just guessing it might use less since there isn't the friction which is created by a push or...
4
4

Digital phones
I suspect this is way OT for this NG but I don't know where to go. I want to change my BT Diverse 6250 (with additional handset) for one where the extra handset does not struggle to reach the base...
2
2