Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

outside electrical conduit supports
Hello I have a 1" approx cylindrical section of conduit running around my conservatory, but some of the clips that attach the conduit don't touch the wall anymore - the rawlplugs fixing them were...
3
3

bottom waste bogs
moving into a rented bungalow soon, its very cheap rent as it's in need of re-decorating, and things like the bathroom and kitchen are pretty manky, the toilet is really yicky looking, it could...
5
5

Cleaning a shower base
We have a ceramic shower base which has a surface which is divided into small squares and my wife finds that cleaning the base does not clean the centre part back to its original white look Can anyone...
3
3

Woodworm - sorry long post - bits off topic
Bought 40 year old house a couple of years back. Kitchen floor now uneven under vinyl covering. A few months before bought it there was a major escape of water when occupiers were in Spain. Ply &...
8
8

Salamander pump problem
I have a Salamander ESP CPV 100 water pump. Has worked fine since installed (noisy as heck though). Now we have a problem. Normally we turn off the electrics to the pump (fused and switched spur) in...
10
10

2 stroke hedge cutter
Anyone here knowledgeable about 2 stroke engines on things like hedge cutters? Thing is my Kawasaki hedge cutter stopped whilst ticking over and refused to re-start. It had a spark, but seemed to be...
7
7

Replacement for Dyson upright cleaner
My wife bought one of the first models so we have had it some time and she wants to replace it with a lighter machine. Could I have some advice on the subject please Blair
10
10

Wanted: Cheap Sliding Chop Saw
Hi, Im looking for a good trade quality sliding compound mitre saw I don't care if it a second user one just that it's in good order, I can use 110 or 240. Have been looking on ebay but most...
24
24

Kenwood Chef mixer - PM900
My friend has just given me one of these, but it will not open more than a few cm. The hinge/counterbalance seems to be misaligned or possibly twisted - meaning that the top and bottom of the machine...

Conservatory-foil inserts for twin wall roof
Hello, Does anyone have experience to share of results of using foil inserts for twin wall roof to reduce heat and protect contents in conservatory ? C& A building plastics call theirs Solar shield....
2
2

Is there such a plumbing fitting?
Solder and compression Tee fittings are obviously available. I was wondering if a there is a fitting which allows connections in the x,y and z axes. It would be a right angle connector with a further...
14
14

TV wall bracket
Hey folks, Looking into getting an HDTV soon, probably about 37". Am useless about DIY so would probably get someone in to do it, but I wondered if my wall would actually support it. It's a...
12
12

UPVc doors
Hi, anyone have a good idea of the sort of prices I should be paying for 2 external brown UPVc doors ? I know they can vary so much depending on what your exact needs are, but ballpark figures will be...

Drilling masonry for shelf supports
Hi, I'm trying to put up some supports for small shelves, I've got a set of screws/wallplugs (brown). I forget what size they are, but I know I need a 7mm drill bit to accommodate the...
13
13

Air Line Stapler
Hi, I hope some one can help- I need to order some staples for my air line staple: Type: 422j but I can't remember what the UK staple type is has any one an idea. Yeah not your normal question :)...