Therma-Green Corporation

Hello, I am the Owner and President of Therma-Green Corporation. We are distributors and applicators of a product called Nansulate. Nansulate is a liquid applied insulation that uses Nanotechnology and dries to a thin translucent finish. Nansulate has been proven to increase energy savings by up to 40% in residential applications. You can visit

for more information. You can now purchase product online.

Reply to
realexfuze

On your web site..

say and R-Value cannot be calculated for Nansulate, and that may well be true, however it's quite possible to carry out other comparative tests. Have any been done and published?

As I understand it the European U-Value take all three heat loss mechanisims into account. Have U-Value tests been carried out?

I ask because Google suggests some controversy exists..

Here in the UK identical concerns exist over the perfomance of thin multi layer foil insulation products and the lack of clarity has been very damaging to the market for those.

Reply to
CWatters

Nansulate has a K-Value or watts/millakelvin. This refers to the density of the material. The K-Value is used to calculate the R-Value of conventional insulations, but that equation factors in an inch of material thickness. It is very difficult, if not, to apply this calculation to a dry film at 7 mils and Nanotechnology. The nanocompund that is in Nansulate, Hydro-NM-Oxide (Appx 70% when dry) has a K-value of .017 W/mK. This is extremely low when compared to other forms of insulation. We have encountered many skeptics and some of them are now believers and have incorporated the product in their everyday insulation projects.

Reply to
realexfuze

Our problem here in the UK is convincing Building Contol Officers that new products meets the regulations, otherwise we can't use the product no matter how much we want to. I'm not particularly skeptical, just strugling to work out how to compare differing insulation products. My background in in Electronics where I'm more familiar with thermal resistance as applied to heat sinks. Principles are more or less the same though.

How about data that would be useful in a real world application... Say the K-Value of a 12mm (0.5") sheet of drywall before and after a coat of Nansulate?

Reply to
CWatters