Size (width) concrete beam

I have to put a 10" x 10"(reinforce ) concrete beam on top of concrete block wall 8 foot hight, I can not go higher then 10", I would like to know if i make it 10" hight and 16" wide is it better? or do not matter the width of the beam? Thanks Hedy

Reply to
hedydadfar

Of course an extra 6" would be stronger. That said, why the heavy top course? A heavy lateral load? Pre-cast? Formed on top of wall? Just forming the extra 6 " will be a challenge for someone inexperienced enough to even have to ask this question:

Reply to
Glenn

It's really hard to define "better" in your case. The purpose of this beam might have some relevance to the answer...

Reply to
Art

I think that it's a troll's question. The amount of information left out is hard to fathom otherwise.

RicodJour

You are probably right.

Reply to
Glenn