I recently did a Whole house Performance test and the pool had an
Ozone generator. I found it was consuming 114 watts, this was
confirmed with an Amp meter and a Kill-a-watt meter. It appeared to
be wired into the pool filter pump timer.
1. Manually turned the timer off and the OG (Ozone generator) was
2. Unplugged the Ozone generator and plugged in a Kill-a-watt meter.
The OG did not restart
3. Turned the pool pump back on and the OG restarted.
4. Let the pool pump cycle finish and the OG was still on (consuming
114 watts). A gurgling sound was in the pipe entering and exiting the
1. Is the OG supposed to run 24/7?