modular underground house

Hi All,

I've found an underground house design that really works for me. It uses modular 24 foot square or 28 foot square domed rooms. The designer can use as many rooms as desired and these rooms are divided up with partitions where necessary. The walls and domed roof is poured in one piece on-site and strength is amazing.

Searching on the internet, I've found two companies that use this system:

(Texas) &
(Missouri)

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anyone that does this construction in Florida, Georgia or Alabama. Any of you folks know of a company using this system in the southeast?

Andrew Ross

Where in Florida are you? I'd think with the high water table in Florida, the very porus soil (basically sand) that any underground home is going to be very risky at best... Imagine digging a hole that fills with water as fast as you remove the sand!

You may also want to check with the building inspector to confirm that you could even get a permit to build something like that. It is quite possible they'll not allow it because of watertable issues.

Reply to
PeterD

I'm interested in an artificial bermed version of this building. We have variable soils and a variable water table. I know it would entail soils testing.

Sure would like to talk to someone working with this system......

Reply to
Andrew Ross