KB Home - Concrete slab in basement holds water

I understand that a pitch to the sump pump is not required and the basement should be poured level. But my basement has a decline from the middle to the wall farthest away from the pump. The local inspector put a stop order on the house until the problem is fixed. I want to know what the correct solution is not a fix to get it thru the inspector but the long term fix. My father says they should cut out the low area and repour, another person said they should cut for a new sump and another said they might be able to just fill the low spot. Ireally don't want a hack job done to jsut get past the inspection on a house I haven't paid for yet.

So what is the best solution?

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phillip.Putzback

If they can not pour a floor, the answer to me is obvious.

I would make them tear out, and redo their mistake.

If you let them get away with this. You are asking for trouble.

I can understand a mistake, but this is a major one.

You have a good inspector, and he is on top of the job. You are lucky. my2cents.

Reply to
Bill

You can move the sump pit, depending on the invert and direction and distance to the sewer connection, or redo the slab to slope to the existing pit.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

The local

Reply to