Interior Paint schemes

Hi, Hi, I have a gable type ceiling with truss sections running exposed to the eye,and am wondering what is common practise for paint schemes in the situation.

Is it normal to run one color paint from walls to the ceiling,as at first glance the wall and ceiling meet as opposed to the flat ceiling? I am not likely to skirt this section between ceiling and wall cause of the odd angle.

I have seen places in the past built like this and pretty sure they normally run one color from walls to ceiling which just leaves getting the color right...lol.

Any advise is great thanks

Reply to
DXsignal

you might just want to have them the same color as the walls and ceiling(assuming they are the same) or have them the same color as the ceiling(if the ceiling and walls are different)...then you will be able to tell if you should make them stand out or leave them integrated with the ceiling...gable trusses stand out without any distinctive or different color than the ceiling, yet other times they demand a strong accent because of other features in the room, or house...try them first the same as the ceiling and see what kind of feel you get in the room....additionally, get some arcitecural digests and power through the pages, you'll find some ideas there, too

Reply to
s c r o o g e

Hi,

I disagree... Every cathedral has walls and ceiling different. Architecturally speaking they are of different planes and can be treated as such. I am a architect and interior designer and never treat different wall planes the same. Builders do... so they can spray them all with one color... but designers want to create interesting spaces.

You can use the same color hue or base color but change to value or the intensity of the color depending on the light that enters the room. Cathedral ceiling should be considered a celebration of light... for the most part you can not see the walls and ceiling planes at the same time. And because of light each plane will read a different color or shade of color.

Have fun and be bold... create a space were life and be inspired and grow. Sincerely, Nan

Reply to
Artist