electric rebar cutter benders

I'm looking at portable electric rebar cutters for jobsite use. most i would ever cut would be #5 grade 60. i have an old hub cutter that just SUCKS. I've never used an electric cutter but know they are out there. there are a few brands out there that i have never heard of like Benner Nawman, Rome Manufacturing, and Lobster. Quite a price range too--from 800 to 1500 bucks. Does anyone have any experience with these? am i foolish to buy the cheapest from Rome manufacturing? Thanks

Reply to
marson

That one is still a pretty pricey tool marson at $800. here's the link:

I am not knowledgable in this area but I do not think you are foolish to buy such a tool. I think that if you needed a more expensive one then you would already know it and you would likely be somone who would use it quite frequently and know what you need. that one in the link sounds nice and I guessing it would be am improvement over what you are using.

Reply to
Lawrence

Hydraulic over manual, hmm.

These actually work pretty well.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

Benner nawman or multiquip are the better names. Dont let your help run them while the machine is sitting on dirt. it draws the dirt through the motor and ruins the machine. i make sure they set the machine on a piece of ply or whatever is available. you'll have better longevity if you buy the shear that cuts a #8 bar. the larger model shear is only a few hundred more than the smaller one.

i've bought a couple lightly used ones on ebay for around 700 bucks each. ive seen new ones go for 900 or a thousand. if you adjust the stop correctly for the size material you cut and keep all the blades and bolts tight, they last quite a while

Reply to
Dan D

Reply to
marson