Drip edge discouraged

replying to M&S, csnyder wrote: Around here the home centers and the roofing suppliers and the pro lumber yards carry the exact same stuff - only 2 suppliers. One month home Despot carries one, the next month it could be the other. Same with Lowes, RoofMart and the pro yards.

Reply to
csnyder

The roofer who does not install drip edge Will eventually lose their good rating. On the gable ends it is absolutely necessary. Code requires it should be over the gutters as well. Anyone who says that drip edge is a necessary has obviously never repaired rotten facia board. Water can wick backwards and under the shingle, Especially on the gable ends! The shingles should have an inch and a quarter overhang.

Reply to
joe

I wouldn’t pay anyone to work on my house that doesn’t know how all the parts were together. The first roofer obviously does not get to see what his work creates in the long term.

Reply to
joe

Drip edge always if you have iregularties them it is recommended that you also fix or repair reroofing I mean really if you gonna fix it then you might as well fix it right

Reply to
RUN construction