Construction of Concrete Water Storage Tank

I am looking for different methods of constructing a concrete water storage tank. The tank needs to store 10000/20000 cubic meters of water. I am gonna find the fastest method between different construction methods of such a tank.

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

I hope you're using an engineer who knows what they are doing. You're proposing a 7 1/2 story cube.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Actually, I am not using an engineer. We are a contractor company, and we have a bunch of engineers here.

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

Then you should talk to one of them rather than post a question here.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

yes, ask them, not us.

Reply to
Steve Barker

If they knew the answer, I wouldn't bother you. We can construct such a tank with our traditional methods, like using slipforming. But I am looking for the fastest method of excuting such projects. Thank you

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

No! no! you silly goose. He only needs a 12" high wall...............which SHOULDN'T be a problem...............

(LOL) but it needs to cover 8.1 acres for 10,000 cubic meters.

10K cubic meters=2,641,720.3728418466 US Gallons Assuming my math is right................... 1 million U.S. gallons = 3785.4 cubic meters. 1 acre-foot = 1233.5 cubic meters

Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

A tank with a storage capacity of 10,000 cubic meters is no small project and should be engineered. I get about 265,000 US gallons. Surely, you can find a local engineer who has the expertise to handle a project of this size. You will need a local engineer!

One method is a wire-wound precast tank. Go here for more information.

Bob Morrison

Fastest method? Dig a hole, put a plastic liner in it. Fill it with water. Done. About 4 good backhoe operators and a dozen dump trucks should be able to do it in a day.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Bob-

I think one of us is off by 10x

I get 2.65 million gallons

about 100ft dia x 50 ft high

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207

Yes, thank you. Wire-wound Precast is a method of doing such projects, and I think that this method is a fast one. But I should have proof that I have found the fastet method, so, I am trying to find out all methods of cunstructing concrete storage tanks.

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

Steve Barker =E4=E6=D4=CA=E5 =C7=D3=CA:

Thank you, but this storage tank is to be used as water supply for drinkable water and it should confirm with health care codes.

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

Yes, thank you. Wire-wound Precast is a method of doing such projects, and I think that this method is a fast one. But I should have proof that I have found the fastet method, so, I am trying to find out all methods of cunstructing concrete storage tanks.

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

Steve Barker äæÔÊå ÇÓÊ:

Thank you, but this storage tank is to be used as water supply for drinkable water and it should confirm with health care codes.

If this is infact a potable water tank CALL THE EXPERTS!!!! Get an engineer.

Reply to
Mike

Bob:

You are correct. The volume is 2.65 million gallons. I misread my calculator.

The OP is looking for the fastest method, but not necessarily the "best" method for constructing this tank. As others have pointed out the "fastest" method is probably an open reservoir. These are in common use, even for potable water, but are now out of favor due heightened security measures.

A project this large is not something one does "overnight". This is a huge tank and will require months of planning and design, let alone the construction time. I cannot see a tank of this size and all its appurtenances being designed and constructed in less than a year.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Mike =E4=E6=D4=CA=E5 =C7=D3=CA:

I don't know why dosn't anyone get it. I just need the methods of constructiong the tank, It's not my business to build it. We are able to construct the tank with our traditional methods, but I just want to know the other methods. And surely it can NOTbe an open reservoir. Thank you anyway

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

Reply to
Bobk207

Bobk207 =E4=E6=D4=CA=E5 =C7=D3=CA:

to build it. do a google search on water tank construction methods

Actually, I've done a comprehensive search on the net, but found nothing impressive, aside from wire-wound prestressed method, which is not new to me. Thanks

Reply to
Ramin.Sh1

ss to build it. >

Quite possibly because there's not much better or (gasp!) Google isn't the last word on a subject...

I'd venture the _fastest_ way to get the storage built would be a tank farm of pre-fab smaller tanks, but that may not be the optimal long-term solution.

If you're seriously looking for concepts for a structure of this size, would seem best to approach a more experienced A/E firm or some of the better institutions with well-known structural/civil departments for novel concepts and/or latest technologies.

In general, "fast" and "best" tend to be engineering antipodes.

Reply to
dpb

ss to build it. >

Reply to