Building a floor question?

Hello,

If youare building a 14 x 14 platform can you use 2 x 4's for the joists, if the platform is sitting on a floor, and still put kitchen appliances on it? Would putting the joists closer than 1 ft. help? The floor boards may be 1 x 4?

Thank you.

Reply to
Shylock

Are you saying you are laying the 2x4s on top of a poured concrete floor so they simply space the floor you are building up off the concrete? If yes, I don't see why not, if you have the room at the ceiling.

2x4s, a sub-floor (ply), then your 1x4 flooring, right? As the 2x4s will be continously supported, that should not be a problem.

However, if my assumption is wrong... Then perhaps not!

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
jloomis