backhoe question

I have five acres of land in northern florida I would like cleared out. I got to thinking that maybe a backhoe would be better, perhaps quicker, than a chainsaw. As I have seen backhoes push over trees, I just figure that a backhoe would be the best way to go. My trees are pine, about 14" round and maybe 50ft tall.

What size backhoe would I need to do this? What is a fair price to pay for rental for a week or by the hour?

Reply to
richard

Anyone who destroys trees like that is pure evil.

There are far too many god-damn people on this planet, and not enough trees.

I hope you seriously injure yourself bringing those trees down. You deserve it.

Reply to
Home__Guy

Hello Richard, A track backhoe is the best, and I would suggest to get an operator. There is a lot to learn, and many hours of experience needed to operate a backhoe safely. Also the pro's can push and cut trees and land them where needed. A Kabota track backhoe is real nice machine, and a medium size is best...\ the smaller ones are not worth the effort, and the great big ones have or need more room to maneuver. john

I have five acres of land in northern florida I would like cleared out. I got to thinking that maybe a backhoe would be better, perhaps quicker, than a chainsaw. As I have seen backhoes push over trees, I just figure that a backhoe would be the best way to go. My trees are pine, about 14" round and maybe 50ft tall.

What size backhoe would I need to do this? What is a fair price to pay for rental for a week or by the hour?

Reply to
jloomis

Wait till the dry season, then throw one of your cigarettes to em.

Reply to
Tom J

Cut them down first, leave 4 foot tall stump sticking up. Clear land of all debris so you have room to work then push over and dig out stumps.

14" round, you will need a large backhoe or an excavator, (trackhoe).

Why clear the whole 5 acres? Clear what you need for your house, leave the rest.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Actually, I'm opposed to cutting grass. Maybe you're of a like mind. It removes oxygen producing leaf area. Destroys the natural ecosystem of animals and other plants. Requires more water than unmolested grass. Causes pollution both in exhaust and spillage. Causes injuries. Makes the area look sterile, and ordinances requiring cutting infringe on freedom of expression.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev