fixed air's clogged water line in June. Turned carrier furnace off and air runs fine. Now heat doesn't turn on. Pilot light?

In June the pvc pipe from the airconditioning unit clogged. I watched the repair man last year and I got the clog removed and that part worked fine including the air conditioner for the summer. At that time I dried some water from on top of the actual furnace as well and I ran a big fan for about 7 days to dry the basement and hopefully dry any dampness within the furnace. (This was what the repair man last year suggested.) All was fine June to now. Then in Sept. I turned the whole unit off to save a little on both air and heat. Now, I am trying to turn on the heat. The thermostat works fine and when I put on the air, that works. The heat isn't responding. I've changed the filter and reset that. The fuse panel has everything on. I've set the thermostat 5 degrees higher than the house temp... no heat. I'm a girl and hate this 'handyman' stuff but I really need to save the repair bill. The furnace is Carrier. I'm thinking pilot light... what do you think?

Reply to
Anonymous

In order to troubleshoot this problem you will need a volt meter. Do you have one and know how to use it? Looks like you have a gas furnace. Unless it is extreamly old it has a automatic ignition system meaning the pilot fires on a call for heat. you will have to check the low voltage input at the furnace; (24 volts) to see if you are actually getting a call for heat.

Reply to
Anonymous