white dust from tap water in humidifier

Don't bother replying - the osha rules apply to anhydrous ammonia used in refrigeration, not household ammonia, which is massively diluted in water. Since the Rastis is on an ad hom personal attack streak, back it goes into the KF.

Reply to
hchickpea

isn't rastis living proof of the dangers of sniffing ammonian excessively?

Reply to
Robert Morien

Cool mist humidifiers have been around for over 25 years at the least - at any rate, it's more than 25 years ago when I saw my first one. If it's not known by now, chances are it never will be.

Reply to
Lou

Isn't that what happened to those dainty Victorian lady types? They would faint at the slightest provocation. Every polite lady then had a small bottle of ammonia in her purse to stick under the faintee's nose to bring her back to her senses. I remember coming across such a botttle when I was a kid and taking a sniff. All it did was make pretty ugly faces. Rastis probably too one too many whiffs,

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Come on, if I told everybody that I wouldn't be able to make any money betting on those events. :-)

Reply to
Matt

Please let me assign to you this homework problem: How long have partially-hydrogenated oils and artificial trans fats been around?

Reply to
Matt

In alt.home.cleaning on Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:08:46 -0500 Michael A. Ball posted:

Then how come the Broadway play, "Water Chemistry" folded after one performance?

Just kidding.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

replying to hchickpea, Lloyd Martin wrote: I use Distilled Water and still get white powder, the humidifier is new cold type

Reply to
Lloyd Martin

Sounds like meth residue from your local meth lab.

Reply to
catalpa