Rubber blooms?

I bought some plastic brooms (they look like straw blooms but they're not natural straw, they're like some thin synthetic material) and saw the store also had some rubber blooms. I thought about getting one but hesitated. Are those things useful or just gimmicks? Are they better than the regular synthetic brooms?

Thanks.

Reply to
casioculture

I like the synthetic straw brooms, IF the bristles have flocked tips--to make the fuzzy and fit into crevices better. For outdoor sweeping unflocked tips are better. Either version is easy to wash out, making them as good as new.

I have a hair removal brush with scads of short rubber fingers that does a good job, but I haven't tried the broom version.

I have a "The Magic Broom" that has a [bristles shaped], replaceable foam pad instead of bristles. On smooth floors, it leaves nothing, period. On floors that are not smooth, it still des a great job, but it might require more than one pass. If it gets wet, no problem, because you can rinse it out and let it dry. It will be good as new. Oh, the foam pad generates a static charges that attracts pet hair; what a bonus! The broom has an aluminum handle; so, the whole thing weighs less that one pound.

The source was Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Zildjan: world class cymbal of excellence.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

My buddy got really frustrated with the bristles and the short rubber fingers and made a really simple scrub brush patterned after the sole of his dress shoe. He calls it the pet hair eraser and it works better than the other things we've tried. You can see it at

.

Reply to
chargerblue