Oil-Garage Floor

My Mother stayed with me for four months and her car leaked oil onto the cement floor, is this beyond any cleaner applications, I have tried a degreaser and a smaller psi power washer, it did help but not much....thanks...Gary

Reply to
Gary Boyer

It looks like you are posting from Columbus. Here in Cincinnati, there is a radio program on Saturday mornings (it is syndicated on Clear Channel, so you may get it) with host Garry Sullivan. He highly recommends a product called "Fade." I believe it is available here at Hader Hardware.

You might look for it in Columbus. If you can't find it or need more information, you could call the program or Hader Hardware in Cincinnati. If you can't get the program on a local station, you can listen online at
and call in.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Use a layer of clay kitty litter over the spot and grind it into the floor wearing old shoes. Allow the crushed kitty litter to remain there for several days then sweep up. Washing with Dawn dishwashing liquid will help break up more of the remaining grease. My garage floor is slightly-stained, although I know it is clean. I save a large sheet of corrugated cardboard just for changing oil, spray painting, leaking engines, etc.

Reply to
Phisherman

A product called "Lestol" or "Lestrol" at hardware stores also is good. Just leave it on for an hour or so and scrub clean and dry.

Reply to
sijka