Cleaning Small Blotches on Linoleum

We have small blotches on/in the kitchen linoleum floor that don't come clean. They appear to be in the linoleum rather than just on top of it. They look like mold or fungus -- dark colored. House is on a concrete slab. Thanks.

Reply to
Neil

Have you thought about a tiled floor?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Cleaning instructions only, please.

Reply to
Neil

I wash them with a soapy rag, then a quick rinse. I must say the grout has become discoloured over the years, perhaps it should be sealed. Several other contributors have said mop and bucket, various types of mops have been suggested, others like steam. Mine are Italian.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Cleaning instructions FOR LINOLEUM !!!!! ONLY !!!!!! , please !!!!! User Groups Rule #1 - STAY ON TOPIC

Reply to
Neil

Let me be the first to apologize on behalf of Mrs. Bonk. I have a floor of old-fashioned linoleum. I once tried sealing it, but in time the sealer darkened in streaks.

Without sealer, my linoleum develops dark spots that I haven't been able to remove.

Reply to
Denominator

They DO say breathing into a paper bag helps.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I have nothing to apologise for, so please don't do so on my behalf.

Have you thought about a tiled floor?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Piss off, Neil.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

Right on, Mrs Bonk. I love my tiled floors.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

Cleaning instructions FOR LINOLEUM !!!!! ONLY !!!!!! , please !!!!! User Groups Rule #1 - STAY ON TOPIC

Reply to
Denominator

Piss off, Denominator.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

Looks like he already is. Soooo, how would you clean piss off of linoleum, anyway?

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I wouldn't. I'd lay tile. How you doin, Nan?

peggo

Reply to
peggo

I'm doin great, how are you?

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Please don't feed the troll, Nan. "Peggo's" profane slogan is obviously a pusillanimous means of mocking the name of Marcia Pease, who may well be the most respected Director of Disciplinary Action on the USENET. Rather than be baited, I'm sure Marcey has turned the matter over to the Board.

Reply to
Denominator

Bite Me.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Very fine, thanks.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

That's good to hear. How do you think Mr. B has been doing?

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I'm betting he's busy spreading sawdust on his carpet. Probably wearing a pair of Mother's old knickers on his head.

peggo I miss him so.

Reply to
peggo