Cleaning/removing grease spots

Any ideas for easier removal of those yellow tiny grease spots, from frying/sauteing foods, that get on your range hood and nearby cabinets? I want to use something that will dissolve them.I tried Bon Ami, dish detergent, and Windex, but these all seem to just get rid of a few of the spots-and with lots of scrubbing! Help,please from some kind person! Any advice would be great. Sandy

Reply to
Sandy

Dawn Power Dissolver does a good job. Be sure to read the label because you can't use it on all surfaces. If you decide to use it on your cabinets, try it on an inconspicuous area like the inside of a drawer face to make sure it doesn't discolor the finish. You might also get some mineral spirits, preferable the odorless type. Saturate a rag and wipe down the surfaces. Be sure to dispose of the rag properly (in an airtight container with some water) because it could spontaneously combust and cause a fire.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Formula 409 now has a "pro 409" version that is a "degreaser and all purpose cleaner." I've used it and it seems to be a little tougher on grease than the original. You should be able to find it right near the regular 409 on store shelves, although I seem to recall buying it in the hardware department at Wal-Mart. Check both places!

Reply to
Suzie-Q

A lye product (oven cleaner) will dissolve grease. Look for sodium hydroxide in the active ingredient. Rinse well. Wear rubber gloves and eye protection. Buy a splatter screen.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks soo much. I just marked down the Dawn Power Dissolver on my shopping list. Sandy

Reply to
Sandy

Thanks so much! I'm also going to try the pro 409. Sandy

Reply to
Sandy

You are right! I should use a splatter screen. I have one,but often forget to use it. My son is a chef and when he is here,cooking- forget it!!-He has things frying and flying around the kitchen. He probably thinks he's at the restaurant! I think I will try something a little less toxic and less harmful to the environment than lye though.But thanks for your helpful suggestions. Sandy

Reply to
Sandy

I have tried bleach - little by little I am working on a wall that has those dot of grease on them - old ones too - they are coming off - I used a veggie brush on a window with those same dots on -

Reply to
PalmaG72

Thanks for your advice! Sandy

Reply to