Cleaning Floor Tiles

I have finally got around to cleaning my 1930s floor tiles in my hallway, not sure what they are made from but they are an original feature and are porous.

They look great, the ground in dirt and paint flecks have gone the colours are restored and I am pleased with the result.

Is there anything I should do such as sealing them to help keep them clean? Any products I could use?

There may be a little damp coming through the floor. Even after heavy rain there are no visible damp patches however when I removed the old carpet there was a touch of damp underneath. I know there isn't a damp proof course under the floor however any damp rising through was only slight. Since removing the carpet I have had considerable building work done and the floor no longer meets any external walls so there will be less, if any, damp now.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

After a thorough cleaning with ammonia the rinse water should not be too dirty. Dry well. Put down a high-quality floor wax. The next day apply another coat of wax. Sometimes a third coat may be applied. That should protect your floor for some months, depending on traffic, pets, etc.

Reply to
Phisherman

Codswallop