Cabinets smell bad

I just bought this old condo. It's built in 1964. All kitchen and bathroom cabinets smell so bad.

I sprayed them with bleach, then Mr.Clean sanitizer (the green ammoniac) but the smell is still there. I put a bowl of vinegar in each of the cabinet also but the smell is pretty stink.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

April

Reply to
April

Hi April. What you have done should have eliminated most odors. Mr. Clean is a good cleaner to use for odor control. Can you remove the shelves? If the interior is wood, Murphy's oil soap is a good choice. Perhaps the cause of the odor needs some investigation. Do the cabinets feel damp? Is there a water leak somewhere? A broken sewer air vent? A dead animal in the walls?

Reply to
Phisherman

Is there any mold or mildew? I agree with Phiserman...there is something wrong. Have you asked neighbors if they have a smell? If you have done all of that and aired and dried them, there is something in the walls or maybe a bathroom vent is leaking.

I once had an awful smell in my house but just SOMETIMES. When I bought new countertops, we found a dead mouse on top of the dishwasher. I guess the heat and humidity rehydrated the poor little critter each time I used it. :-)

Reply to
The Data Rat

Thanks so much for all replies to my smelly cabinets. I appreciate all your advices/suggestions.

Reply to
April