Which software for the daily construction report?

Hello,

I am a building site supervisor and I'm searching for a good program to document the processes of the construction site. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Reply to
Kai Hofberg

I would consider using a blog like Community Server [1] which is free for non-commercial use (commercial use means you charge somebody to use the website and/or the blog).

If using a blog is good enough to document software development it should be considered good enough to document construction processes. After all, you're just writing a daily journal or recording events as they occur are you not? Get a blog. My website hosting provider [2] enables its customers to use Community Server free.

For a desktop application? I'm fairly certain there are blogging applications that only run on the desktop too but my focus is the web as its available to everybody and not owned by Microsoft or Google. Yet ;-)

Its always amazed me to observe how stupid too many people in the construction business are and won't use blogs or forums to conduct their business. Again, if its good enough for software developers who work exactly like architects and others involved in collaborative business processes it should be good enough for you. So prove to me your a smart guy and try it out for a small project or two to learn how to adapt blogging and forums to your business model.

Hello,

Reply to
clintonG

Thanks for your answer.

but I search for something, where I can put in the names of the companys and crafts, so that I have an easy access to them to create a list of the employees at the site and document the duration of attendance for each company, and delays, hindrance, instructions and so on. I don't think, that a blog is suitably for that.

Reply to
Kai Hofberg