Totally OT Q. re: finding s/o to engineer new type of Input Device

I'm asking here because there are a couple of computer savvy and/or engineering people, and I have no idea at all where else to even start.
I want to either have built, or find some kind of instructions on how to build, as in the Subject, a new type of input device.
It would be something that I think soem handicapped folks might also be able to use - I've been using Cirque Glide Pads for many years, but have been having more problems with the wrist and thumb =>:p so even the click- button on those is becoming dicy for me to use, therefore, I want to make a variation on the glide pad that eliminates the exceedingly-loathed-by-me "clicky buttons".
I have no idea where to start with this sort of thing, so any serious suggestions would be met with much appreciation :) .
OK, jokes also welcome.
"Keep America beautiful! Contain snots in handkercheif. Thank you!"
- K.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.