Over half a day now...

...without anyone cussing out anybody else. Very nice. I could get used to that.

I was once walking with my wife in a huge crush of people on St. Catherine's in Montreal one summer evening. Cars were at a stand still in every direction, engines idling and throwing heat, and one guy, in typical Montreal fashion stood up in his convertible, started waving his arms back and forth from the shoulders shouting, "Walk people! Walk!" He had a smile on his face, and was more than resigned to the fact that he wasn't getting anywhere soon. He was joyed to be a part of it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

What you witnessed was a typical moment of "Joie De Vivre". For most here in this group, that's french for Quebec's official motto meaning "love of living"...

Of course, the same thing can be said of the guy in California stuck in traffic. Cars were at a stand still in every direction, engines idling and throwing heat, and one guy, in typical California fashion stood up in his convertible, started waving his arms back and forth from the shoulders shouting, "I'm mad as hell and can't take it anymore!" He had a smile on his face, and was more than resigned to the fact that he wasn't getting anywhere soon. He took out his "legally" purchased assault rifle and began shooting in all directions.

Reply to
thisbeit

He couldn't carry enough bullets to shoot in all directions, not even most of them.

RicodJour

Absolutely right. His heart was filled with communion with the crowd.

heheh We make choices every moment about how we will confront the world. Joy is present everywhere ...if you are tuned to the frequency.

We had a shooting with a legal handgun here in TO just a while ago. Innocent bystander. A week earlier the same thing happened with assailants and weapon still to be identified. The mayor had been making much noise about eliminating illegal handguns, so the second shooting pointed out that those aren't the only threat. Apparently, according to stats, gun crimes with legal guns are very few compared to illegal ones. A more interesting, if less than surprising, stat would be the percentage of gun crimes committed with guns that were *once* legal.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich