Lowest common denominator...

I thought this site was great, gave me a few laughs:

Edgar

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Yeah, well, not sure I'm comfortable with most people (including me) handling fork-lifts, pallet jacks etc. Personally I try to avoid picking up anything heavier than money. (Bad back - too much work on stone masonry and years leaning over a drawing board.)

Corporate goofy has a positive side in my workplace. If you have a fleet vehicle, you are only allowed to change a flat tyre if you've had 'training' from a fleet mechanic. Without training, you have to ring them on a mobile or call on the two-way so they come and change it. So - no takers for the tyre change training :-) They had the same rule for filling the tank - but that only lasted a couple of days ...

Reply to
Troppo

You were in a union, weren't you?

RicodJour

No doubt there are as many stories of customers as there are of workers. This one was the side of the stupid customers, and I believe most of them. If you want to see how stupid workers and companies can be, check out

and you'll get the other half. There they even help you fight back, giving out list of CEO numbers and email addresses, and other useful information to get your problems resolved. There is no shortage of the "lowest common denominator".

Reply to
Edgar