FBC question

Would Type IV construction Unprotected include the following description: Two story single family house Masonry walls, concrete floors and wood roof framing

Or is considered a mix of two?

Reply to
bk

Construction type is based on what the 'allowed' construction for given building depending on its proximity to other buildings, its occupancy and use. This sometimes has nothing to do with how a building is actually built.

That said, in FBC- Residential Code 2004, single family homes are construction VB, though there is a limit to number of stories, which I don't recall if it's 2 or 3 (and I don't have the code books with me).

Marcello

Reply to
marcenmoni

Did I miss something in chapter six that references Type VB?

Reply to
bk

Table 503 of the Florida Building Code 2004, not the residentical code.

Marcello

Reply to
marcenmoni

Since 10/1 FBC doesn't apply to singlefamily homes 3 stories or less.

Reply to
brudgers

It depends on the use of the home as well. If a single family home is used as a daycare with occupancy above 5, it falls under FBC. There are other use situations for a single family home that would force it to comply with FBC rather than FRC.

marcenmoni