Confused about which option to choose about our house

We have 2 options for us on what to do with our house...... #1 save up about 40,000 in a years time to repair and remodel house to put up for sell.

#2 save up to 65,000 in a years time and just pay off the mortgage on the house and then sell it to a cash-for-home company.

If we repair and remodel basically the entire house which could end up costing more than 40,000, then I'm afraid we would not profit enough from the sell in order to have a down payment for a new house. On the other hand, if we just pay the mortgage off and owe nothing when we sell it, then there might be a better possibility of having a bigger chunk in our pocket to use for down payment on another home.

Give me all your thoughts and opinions and info on this please.

Reply to
OldHome