YURT

http://www.woodlandyurts.co.uk/Yurt_Facts/Build_Your_Own.html
JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston Farmer
On Apr 11, 8:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I couldn't imagine sticking one of those in my back yard. The neighbors already think I'm insane...
Thu, Apr 12, 2007, 4:28am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Jeff) doth sayeth: I couldn't imagine sticking one of those in my back yard. The neighbors already think I'm insane..
Exactly, they're meant to go in the front yard.
JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston Farmer
On Apr 12, 2:59�pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I knew some people who got involved with those in the early '70s--late '60s? Whatever. The results were not impressive, but, then, the kids who built them lacked much in the way of hand tool skills, something today's kids share with them. I think I'd have to show all but one of my grandchildren which end of a hammer you hold if one decided, for some obscure reason, to get his or her sorry ass out of front of a screen of some kind and actually DO something.
Fri, Apr 13, 2007, 4:08am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (CharlieSelf) doth sayeth: <snip> I think I'd have to show all but one of my grandchildren which end of a hammer you hold if one decided, for some obscure reason, to get his or her sorry ass out of front of a screen of some kind and actually DO something.
Hiya Charlie. Yeah, my 7yo grand-dau pretty much stays glued to the screeen too. Except when her dad is outside. Then she's outside too, a real daddy's girl. Of course, she is probably not helping him, doing something else entirely; even so, she can probably tell which end of a hammer is which. She's a good kid - which is almost a shame, as a bit of payback to him for all the crap he gave me while growing up would have been nice. LOL
JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is. - Weston Farmer
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (CharlieSelf)

She's seven. Give her 5-7 years more, and then recalibrate. ;-)
Patriarch
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:33:01 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Paul King is a well-respected name amongst UK yurt makers, and his "Complete Yurt Handbook" is well worth reading.
However if I was going to pay good money to buy a ready-made yurt, I'd get it from these people. http://www.albioncanvas.co.uk / They do really beautiful work. Best made yurts I've ever seen.