Your Favorite Drill Press

I'm taking opinions on your favorite drill press.
I need tilting table, variable speed, bench top would be preferred
I was looking at the JET 354165 and DP350 (3.5 " spindle travel) Palmgren 80153 has a 5 " spindle travel
Jerry
I have the DP350 and am satisfied with it. The speed changer is very easy to use and wish my floor model had the same feature. I change the speed on this drill press for every use, but frequently use the floor model at whatever speed it was last set on because moving the belts is such a pain. I like the depth stop too. It's easy to use, fast to set, and has never slipped. This drill press is a little light in design compared to the other drill presses that I've owned or used, but it does it's job quite well and is well worth it's price.
I did have a problem with the DP350 back when it was only about a month old. The motor shaft has a steel splined insert in the center of the pulley that was just pressed into the aluminum pulley sheeve and it came apart. Delta quickly supplied a replacement (it was down for 3 days). The replacement was the exact same design, only with a small modification. They had inserted a roll pin through the aluminum into the steel insert to keep the insert from working out. The drill press is now about 2 years old and I have had no other problems with it. After seeing how they modified the replacement pulley I decided to repair the broken one the same way, but went them one better. I also epoxied the insert in and then drilled and inserted the roll pin. If my drill press ever breaks that way again, I'll have a part for it already in stock.
--
Charley

"Jerome Ranch" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com> wrote in message
Jerome Ranch wrote:

I have a Delta, let's see here, DP350--a benchtop drill press with about 12" of clearance and 3" of "press." The speed change is a dial that is _extremely_ convenient. There's no changing of belts and pulleys and whatnot. My first attempt at attaching the chuck left me with lots of runout, but I took it off and reseated it; now it has about a thou runout. Best part--got it on sale for $119 (beep, beep)!
I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a similar tool.
-Phil Crow
I'm looking for one too. I had my eye on the Tradesman 8106S 17". Free shipping and selling for $160 on Amazon. Anyone ever use a Tradesman?
Jerome Ranch wrote:

Love my Powermatis floor model 1170. Reeves drivr variable speed. Retail about 2K. Eat your heart out, I bought it for $150
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

Delta 70-200 20" Drill Press - Very solid . . . .