Yesterday's Fun

I'm building a simple loft bed to make space in a bedroom for a sewing table under the bed. Several things stand out as memorable from yesterday.
- I was busy paying bills so I had my 16 year old daughter figure out the lengths of 2x6's to buy to minimize cost. I insisted on a formal cut list on graph paper. <g> She did very well.
- We did some of the cuts with a hand saw in the cold & windy Lowe's parking lot. 14' is much too long for the van.
- My daughter and I both cut rounded corners at the same time, she on the scroll saw, me on the bandsaw. T'was fun how quickly we got done.
- A couple of passes through the new-to-me planer and all those blue ink marks were gone. I've always used a belt sander before. The planer is *much* faster.
- It was the first time I've filled the dust collector bottom bag in one session.
A most enjoyable afternoon.
-- Mark
Sounds like a Kodak moment! Friday I spent my shop time with my grandson "helping" him build some picture frames for his "Granny Smith", her roommate in the assisted care home and one for Granny (SWMBO). Lots of safety lessons and lots of glue. He did all the sanding and will do the mounting hardware later this week.
Have to grab these times for all they are worth, they don't last forever.
BRuce
Mark Jerde wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Mark, you are a lucky guy! This is the kind of post that makes me feel priviledged to be in here with you guys and gals. Wouldn't this qualify as a gloat??
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:30:07 GMT, "Mark Jerde"