Yanks and Christmas

You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.

Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual arguments and now having Christmas dinner before watching the Queen's Christmas message. This year we are not having the traditional Christmas dinner of turkey - we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg.

So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following us behind or arriving late as they always do.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby

and piss off

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Why thank you, what a generous and cordial greeting. Troll.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Nope. Just a friendly geeting to our cousins in the USA who pop up here more than any others. You may not know that many of us are fans of Norm who, in one of his programmes, visted (Royal) Tunbridge Wells (south east England) (where I live) and copied a piece of furniture for the rest of to make. Thanks Norm.

Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me, it won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and have a good time. The DIY can wait and that shelf can wait.

Who cares.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Have a good Boxing Day Bobby. My family celebrates Xmas Eve, some celebrate Epiphany, but I found a pretty #45 on the stoop this morning - THANKS RIK! Totally unexpected. Damn near tripped over it on the way to the news. Octopus and bangers, doesn't get much better than that.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Don't forget the peas and mash! Merry Christmas!

Bofus

Reply to
Bofus

Hell of a deal ... stubbing your toe on a #45 on the way out the door. Hope your ingrown toenail is OK.

Octopus and kidneys, bangers and mash ... hmmm, sounds like first line of a bawdy pub song.

Reply to
Swingman

Now you've gone a caused a problem! I don't know whether to come to breakfast or play with my toy. If I test it on SWMBO's table she'll put my head on a stick. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

I'm a Yank and I'm sorry to hear about the Queens mishap to her little dog, I know how she feels. I was just a kid when she became Queen and I've always thought she was a very nice lady. Merry Christmas to you.

Brooks

"Bobby Bewl" wrote:

BrooksVanPall

Yes, I have seen those episodes. I think they got tired of paying air fair, however, and now he goes to New England (US) to visit antique shops.

Perhaps I misunderstood the 'and piss off' comment at the end of your message. Sounded like a troll to me.

You seem OK though, so Merry Christmas and Bless Tiny Tim.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

We like to think of it as fashionably late.

The best of wishes for Ya'll

Reply to
Mike G

Thanks Brooks. On behalf of the Queen, thanks for the sympathy and understanding.

The Quenn is into field sports like fox hunting, pheasant shooting, pigeon racing, horse riding and so on, so I dare say one dog against another is just like a bit of sport to her.

Come to think about it: the corgi (Queens dog) comes from Wales (a country with its own langauage bolted onto the left side of England; home to Tom Jones,Catheine Zeta-Jones, and so on) and the pit bull terrier (Princess Anne's dog) comes from .... errr ummmm the States. What a bugger for international relations! And what a Christmas day for us. The nation is now in grief.

Thanks Brooks! Happy new year.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Thanks Dave. Incredible as it might sound we will on Boxing day (26 December) go to one on the surrounding villages and see the (fox) hunt (horses and many trained dogs) assembling ouside a pub before setting off into the filed to hunt a fox. I have mixed feelings about this Boxing Day tradition. I am hoping it will not be long before hunting with dogs will be banned but then what is next? Fly fishing?

"#45" ? Bloody hell, do you mean a gun? You have a gun? On christmas day?

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Bofus

No mash on Christmas Day - just roast potatoes - do have peas though.

Happy New year, mate.

Bobby

Bofus wrote:

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

And if it is not, we can invent one. Swingman and Bobby; rec.woodworking's answer to Lennon and MacCartney. I can hear our songs being sung in The Black Horse, The Cow and Gate and other such pubs that no decent human being would enter. (just kidding).

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

No its not paying the air fare; its the crap antique furniture we sell in old, tired and conservative Tunbridge Wells.

It is most probably what you would say if you have had enough. At that time I have had 4 bottles (pints) on Black Sheep Ale - a pale ale and, not quite, a bottle of Chardonney. So everyone around me can go away or piss off. Surely, I don't 'ave to be perfect every bloody day of the year!

Thanks, mate. You're a pal. Can I borrow your dovetail jig?

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Well, you forgot us Canucks, but Merry Christmas just the same, pity about the Corgi.

LOL!

I was in Winnipeg in the late 70's when the Pythons did their "1st Farewell Tour" across Canada, and saw them live at the concert hall. Fantastic show, and of course when the curtain closed we were all on our feet yelling for more.

They came back and did the "Dead Parrot" sketch, then left the stage again.

Once again, we were all on our feet applauding and screaming "Encore! Encore!"

After about 5 minutes, the projector came on and a slide reading "PISS OFF!" was projected.

After we stopped laughing, we indeed pissed off.

All the best, Bobby!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I guess Canucks are from Canada but I dare not guess further just incase I am wrong. I am not bothered about the Corgi - is all tax payers money.

You see, you knew what I meant and how i said it. You are a good sport, Dave.

Happy new year.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

"Yanks" in Guam were already belching after that Christmas dinner when you got up.

Nonetheless, Happy Christmas.

Reply to
George

T. wrote: (SNIP)