Yanks and Christmas

Page 1 of 3
You Yanks are just getting up and opening your presents.
Well, here in the UK we have opened our pressies, had the usual arguments and now having Christmas dinner before watching the Queen's Christmas message. This year we are not having the traditional Christmas dinner of turkey - we are having octopus. This way everyone gets a leg.
So heres to the yanks who are just getting up in the morning and following us behind or arriving late as they always do.
Happy Christmas.
Bobby
and piss off

Bobby Bewl said:

Why thank you, what a generous and cordial greeting. Troll.
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

Nope. Just a friendly geeting to our cousins in the USA who pop up here more than any others. You may not know that many of us are fans of Norm who, in one of his programmes, visted (Royal) Tunbridge Wells (south east England) (where I live) and copied a piece of furniture for the rest of to make. Thanks Norm.
Anyway, troll or no troll, happy christmas. and if you are like me, it won't be long before you are on the beer. So cheer up, Greg, and have a good time. The DIY can wait and that shelf can wait.
Who cares.
Bobby
Bobby Bewl wrote:

Have a good Boxing Day Bobby. My family celebrates Xmas Eve, some celebrate Epiphany, but I found a pretty #45 on the stoop this morning - THANKS RIK! Totally unexpected. Damn near tripped over it on the way to the news. Octopus and bangers, doesn't get much better than that.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Bofus
No mash on Christmas Day - just roast potatoes - do have peas though.
Happy New year, mate.
Bobby
Bofus wrote:

Hell of a deal ... stubbing your toe on a #45 on the way out the door. Hope your ingrown toenail is OK.
Octopus and kidneys, bangers and mash ... hmmm, sounds like first line of a bawdy pub song.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/03
Swingman wrote:

Now you've gone a caused a problem! I don't know whether to come to breakfast or play with my toy. If I test it on SWMBO's table she'll put my head on a stick. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Swingman wrote:

And if it is not, we can invent one. Swingman and Bobby; rec.woodworking's answer to Lennon and MacCartney. I can hear our songs being sung in The Black Horse, The Cow and Gate and other such pubs that no decent human being would enter. (just kidding).
Bobby
T. wrote: (SNIP)
Gary
GeeDubb said:

A man of few words...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

in the post just above mine in the thread JOAT wrote: " And, for the God's sakes people, for the new year, learn to snip."
So I did.......
Gary <(;-}
GeeDubb wrote:

...and rightly so
And how long have you been waiting for an opportune moment to post these? :)

T. wrote:

While the above statement is assuredly true, I have serious doubts about wasps, bees and the shrew.
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 19:10:51 -0500, Silvan

One of my father's friends (OBWW: Peppino was a cabinetmaker and an excellent carver) liked to say "Con la pazienza e lo sputo anche l'elefante arriva a inculare la formica." He told me this one time when I was being impatient and was trying to rush something. "With enough patience and spit, even an elephant can manage to bugger an ant."
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

You shouldn't have translated it. I almost had it figured out. That eye-talian ain't half bad for someone who knows Spanish, French and Latin. :)
Anyway, I still don't see it. Not unless the elephant is seriously under-endowed.
snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote:

Thanks Dave. Incredible as it might sound we will on Boxing day (26 December) go to one on the surrounding villages and see the (fox) hunt (horses and many trained dogs) assembling ouside a pub before setting off into the filed to hunt a fox. I have mixed feelings about this Boxing Day tradition. I am hoping it will not be long before hunting with dogs will be banned but then what is next? Fly fishing?
"#45" ? Bloody hell, do you mean a gun? You have a gun? On christmas day?
Bobby
Bobby Bewl wrote:

I always have a gun, but that's not what I was talking about. Sorry about the confusion. In Guns it's a .45. In Woodworking a #45 is a fancy pants combination plane made by Stanley: http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan6.htm Seems we've had this sort of problem in the past with our cousins across the pond, eh Jeff? Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:43:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote:

You could have both together ! http://octodog.net /
(Look, I didn't invent the damned thing)