WTB - Ryobi BT3100 or Craftsman 22811 (Camada)

Wanted To Buy - In the Toronto-GTA area of Ontario, a Ryobi BT3100 with the accessory kit OR the clone Craftsman version (US model 22811) with the accessories. (I'll consider a BT3000 if it is in good shape.) I realise that owners of this particular table saw system rarely part with them but it doesn't hurt to ask. Eric. email snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (remove the 666 to reply)

Reply to
Eric Oktober

The BT3100 is on sale at HD this week for 130 after rebate and using a

10% lowes coupon.
Sorry no accessory kit on sale.

greg

Reply to
Greg Keane

"Greg Keane" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

and using a

accessory kit

Thanks for the info, Greg. However, Home Depot Canada doesn't have them on sale or on clearance at this time. And we don't have Loews stores in Canada yet. :(

Reply to
Eric Oktober

You won't be able to get the Lowe's coupon unless an American friend gets it for you, but the Home Depot in Niagara Falls NY is only 2 hours from central GTA.

I'd call ahead before making the drive, but there are another 8 stores in the immediate Buffalo area.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Kevin Craig wrote in news:061220050128033237% snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com:

American friend

only 2 hours

another 8 stores

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate your feedback on this. I'll consider my options, but somehow driving 4 hours (return), the Canadian dollar exchange rate (piss-poor at 86.2 US) and potential Canada Customs hassles tend to make me want to acquire a saw locally. (a lovingly-used saw is often much better than out-of-the-box, and I know that most Ryobi fans are not content with factory-stock, usually modifying and adding-on to achieve a finely-tuned and more verstile system).

Reply to
Eric Oktober

I don't know how praticle it is to ship to Canada, but Cummins tools has refirbished BT3000's for $199

justme

justme wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

Cummins tools has

Thanks justme. I appreciate your input.