WTB Hollow Auger , tenon cutter or spoke pointer

Hi,
I am looking to buy a Tenon Cutter or sometimes called Hollow Auger or Spoke Pointer. They were used for putting points on spokes and they are also used to make rustic furniture out of tree branches. I started making canes for charity for something to do for the winter and would like to buy one at a reasonable price. If you have one or know where I could find one could you please E-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or at snipped-for-privacy@reallyfast.info please.
Thank you very much,
Darren
Le Valley has them in stock.
Lem ---------
Darren wrote:

I've also seen them at woodcraft.
Tony
www.votepair.org

Darren wrote:

I got mine at an antique store. It's an adjustable, dual blade hollow auger. It and a 5/8" thread box and tap cost me $25.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Two different tools.
The spoke pointer is like a huge pencil sharpener, and puts a point on square or round stock.
The hollow auger cuts a tenon of constant diameter, not a taper. Some are fixed size, some adjustable.
A wheelwright used the spoke pointer first. The taper it produced gave a place for the hollow auger to start.
There are a couple of antique tool people you might try:
www.finetoolj.com/
http://www.supertool.com /
Hope this helps,
John Martin
JMartin957 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the great help. I have luckily found both a spoke pointer and a hollow auger from a guy on the internet that sells antique tools. I thank you all for the help and hope you all have a great day.. gonna keep checking on this newsgroup as it looks very interesting . I am starting to learn carving and this might be a great place to learn some things.
Darren Myers
ranted:

I found a tenon cutter on Ebay for $8 or so a couple years back, so they're available there occasionally. If you need one NOW, try www.leevalley.com who makes entire sets brand new.
http://www.crafts32.fsnet.co.uk/products_rotary_planes.htm
============================================================= Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online =============================================================