Wreck T- shirts - Suggestion

Fugit Irreparabile Tempus Time Flies Irretrievable

Reply to
solarman

.... but flying wood can usually be pried loose from the garage door.

Reply to
Igor

How about one of these?

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit! God, look at the time! SWMBO will kill me!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Reply to
solarman

After reading a few more 'entries' on this NG, I thought of another appropriate one,

"Do Not Feed The Trolls"

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Reply to
Ron Magen

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:03:25 GMT, "Ron Magen" pixelated:

Good 'un, Ron.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Let me ask a dumb question. I hope I'm not out of line here, as I am a newbie. Why would anyone want a T-shirt with a wreck on it? What does that have to do with woodworking??? Thanks for your reply, I'm curious.

Reply to
jim wilson

The name of this news group is

rec.woodworking

Catch it??

REC dot woodworking

rec is short for recreation. Which is a catagory for newsgroups on usenet.

But the folks who hang around here are an unruly, irreverant bunch.

They refer to this group as the Wreck, an alterative spelling-meaning to rec.

I think it also refers to what some folks shops look like.

This due to the presence of antique machinery and an aversion to cleaning.

HTH

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Thanks for the explanation.. I guess it's pretty obvious once you know the answer.

Reply to
jim wilson

partner". Got quite a few laughs out of it.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Brownell