WORLD'S EASIEST TABLE

http://www.anythingicando.com/season2/proj_30/proj_30.htm
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus
J T did say:

If she moves quickly, that thing's coming down!
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

It isn't THAT easy anyway. Butt joints would have been easier than mitred.
KEEP IT SIMPLE!
FoggyTown
On 16 Nov 2004 01:46:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mike Girouard) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
I must have missed something.

***************************************************** Dogs are better than people.
People are better than dogs for only one purpose. And then it's only half of ofthe people. And _then_ most of them are only ordinary anyway. And then they have a headache.........
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:46:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Under one photo it says, "Choose screws that are long enough to have at least half their length in each pieces". That's a puzzler.
(J T) wrote:

By my count the project takes about 34 board ft of cedar. To make the $50 price estimate they would have to get the wood fairly cheaply, something like $1.47 a board foot. I think cedar goes for more like $3.80 a board foot which would put the project at $129 before hardware and finishing supplies. A simple table like this can be had from Ikea for $79. It is certainly more fun when you build it yourself but I think the cost estimates on these projects should be a little bit more realistic.
On 16 Nov 2004 13:26:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@citigroup.com (Michael Stephenson) wrote:

Western Red cedar goes for $3 a bf here for select and better, $2,25 for #1 common- both still well above the estimate above.
Not to mention their ideas about what the "world's simplest table" might be. I'd think a piece of plywood on a milk crate would be quite a lot simpler, myself.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Have you ever watched her show on PBS? It is Saturday morning for me. My favorite is when she screwed a board to the workbench (twice in the same episode).
:)
We watch it just for the laugh.
(J T) wrote:

Hmmm. Never heard of her. I'll have to take a look.

Yeah, that looks easy alright. So does the table.
Frank