Workshop Ceiling

mh,
Have you ruled out a suspended ceiling using 2' X 4' or 2' X 2' panels?
Don Dando
I hope so. Air spaces between flammable materials are a fire hazard.
Don Dando wrote:

??????
Tim Taylor wrote:

Must live in some Hel^H^H^HWorker's Paradise where everything is built of brick and stone and concrete, where wood frame construction is feared.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Then every lumber framed house is a fire hazard. You always have air spaces between the floor joists.
Or did you mean something different.

I came up with an modified version of a suspend ceiling for my workshop. I nailed strips of 1/2 " plywood to the bottom of the joists with the strips extend 3/4 " on each side. Painted them white. Then cut pieces of fiberglass ceiling panels to fit loosely between the joists and slip them into position so that they sit on the plywood.
This gives me access to the plumbing and wiring in those spaces but does not take the headroom of a traditional dropped ceiling.
I put 2 inch styrafoam in my ceiling and it worked find. Light, easy to handle and hang.