Workshop Ceiling

mh,

Have you ruled out a suspended ceiling using 2' X 4' or 2' X 2' panels?

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Mike Berger

??????

Reply to
Tim Taylor

Must live in some Hel^H^H^HWorker's Paradise where everything is built of brick and stone and concrete, where wood frame construction is feared.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Then every lumber framed house is a fire hazard. You always have air spaces between the floor joists.

Or did you mean something different.

I came up with an modified version of a suspend ceiling for my workshop. I nailed strips of 1/2 " plywood to the bottom of the joists with the strips extend 3/4 " on each side. Painted them white. Then cut pieces of fiberglass ceiling panels to fit loosely between the joists and slip them into position so that they sit on the plywood.

This gives me access to the plumbing and wiring in those spaces but does not take the headroom of a traditional dropped ceiling.

Reply to
Robert Haar

Reply to
W. Wells