woodworking stuff to do in New York City

We?ll soon be going to NYC. I plan on stopping by Brooklyn Tool and Craft (yipee) and probably buy more than I should. Where else should I go that woodworking related (stores, museums ?)?

Reply to
sawdustmaker

Many of the New York, NY museum listings here include either "All" or "Wood " in the medium description. Perhaps you could find one that is having a wood-specific exhibit during the time you'll be in the area.

This might be worth a tour if you are nearby...

DerbyDad03

Go to Central Park. Will you have your chainsaw with you?

Reply to
G. Ross

I would encourage you to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 5th Ave ar ound 82nd St. The American wing has many works of fine furniture. Don't m iss the Gubbio room. (It's a little hard to find, ask for help.) I have b een there many times and the marquetry there still amazes me.

Bill Leonhardt