Wood treatment

I have heard that if you put water on wood that has previously been treated, and it beeds up,that you would not need to treat the wood. I have a 20 section fence I have treated before. When I poor water on the cross members the water seeps into the wood. But when I put water on the picktes ( 6' X 6") pieces it's like a ducks back. It falls right off like a ducks back, and does not retain and water. It doesn't even beed up. Should I just treat the cross member. Thanks in advance.