Wood Floor Protection

Hi all...
I have just completed sanding down the wood floor in my kitchen and was wondering what type of product I should use to protect it with. Because we don't get too much natural light in the kitchen, I would prefer to keep the floors as close to the natural wood colour as possible.
Any help is much appreciated!!!
Thanks.
4 or 5 coats of oil-based polyurethane. Sand lightly between coats. Oil-base is much more water resistant than water-borne.

we
the
Actually, it's the other way around: waterbased is water resistant, not oil.
says...

I forgot to add that over time, oil based poly turns amber, which many people happen to like. However, if your preference is otherwide, again, go with the waterbased.

Use a water based finish. It's what I am told they use on basketball courts now.